DIY Desk Lamp Industrial Lighting with Edison Bulbs and Black Pipe
With Black Pipe and Edison Bulbs we will show you how to build a vintage steampunk desk lamp. Industrial lighting with a unique look.
Skill Required: Basic Hand Tools and Wiring Basics
So you want to make an industrial lamp with steampunk styling and edison bulbs. In this video we will show you how with minimal tools and skill you can build your own. Black Pipe or Galvanized Pipe is an inexpensive material that allows you to build anything including vintage industrial lighting. Today I will show you how I stripped down a previous industrial lamp so it can be rebuild for our new office. This lamp features edison bulbs for a steampunk feel and offers a great place to store our headphones. You can also add cages. Check out our material and tool list below.
Materials and Tools:
- Black Pipe from your local hardware store (Lowes, Home Depot, Menards)
- 1 1/4″ Black Pipe Couplers that fit light sockets perfectly
- SERVALITE 250-Watt Black Hard-Wired Light Socket at Lowes: https://www.lowes.com/pd/SERVALITE-250-Watt-Black-Hard-Wired-Light-Socket/3379456 or SERVALITE 250-Watt Black Hard-Wired Light Socket at lowes: https://www.lowes.com/pd/SERVALITE-250-Watt-Black-Hard-Wired-Light-Socket/3379454
- Wagner 0503008 HT1000 1,200-watt Heat Gun on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2jq65aD
- URBEST®117Pcs Dual Wall Adhesive Lined Heat Shrink KIT- 3:1 Shrink Ratio on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2iA9ijG
- Edison light bulb – 6 Pack – The Capital – 40 Watt Bulb – Inspired by Thomas Edison these incandescent filament style bulbs provide retro vintage light ambiance on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2jRT2LF
- Newhouse Lighting Metal Lamp Guard for Pendant String Lights and Vintage Lamp Holders, Industrial Wire Iron Bird Cage, 4-Pack on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2jRMmNJ